Easy Crock Pot Bean Soup
This recipe combines beans, sausage, and carrots to create a delightful flavor. A touch of garlic accents the thyme to perfection
- 1 16 oz package of mixed beans
- 8 oz of kielbasa sausage
- 2 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 medium carrots (shredded)
- 1 medium sized can of diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of water
- Mix chicken broth, water, and spices and set aside.
- Place all ingredients except carrots and tomatoes into the Crock Pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- Twenty minutes before serving mix the carrots and tomatoes in cooker and stir well.
Cook some egg noodles and add to vegetable soup 30 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parmesan and croutons before serving. Delicious!
For a special flavor serve this dish with crumbled bacon sprinkled on top. Serve with a tossed salad and fresh baked bread and butter.